2016 is quickly coming to an end, and choosing whether or not you want your website to be mobile-friendly is no longer an option. It has officially become a standard practice for businesses (of all sizes) to be mobile-friendly, and anyone who isn’t is considered to be steps behind. People do everything on their mobile devices now, whether it’s checking their bank account on an app to searching Google or Yelp for a place to eat lunch.
In the RV industry, using a mobile device (smartphone or tablet) to search for RVs has become a normal behavior for RV shoppers. Whether they are browsing their favorite RV blogs, or listings, or just doing keyword searches on major search engines, mobile has quickly become the most common tool for Internet use. As an RV dealer, not having a mobile-first mindset could cause your dealership to lose a lot of business.
Here are three reasons why you should be mobile friendly if you aren’t already:
1. Google Penalizes Sites That Are Not Mobile Friendly Regardless of SEO
In 2015, Google confirmed that there are more searches on mobile devices than on computers. As mobile searches continue to exceed PC searches, Google now prioritizes its listings to mobile-friendly sites. It only makes sense that Google would want its top listings to apply to the majority of users. No matter how hard you may work on SEO to make your dealership site appear at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs), your site won’t be seen at all if it’s not mobile friendly. The continuous time and hard work you put into keeping up with your SEO could all be a waste.
2. Your Website Traffic Depends on Its Usability and Design of a Mobile-Friendly Site
When users visit a mobile-friendly site, 74% of them are more likely to return to that site in the future. But even if the users like a business, 50% of them will use the website less often if the site is not mobile-friendly. In addition, usability and design features are extremely important for your site visitors user experience (UX). If you have a mobile friendly site, but bad usability factors, 52% of users are less likely to engage with a company.
Mobile users look for these features in mobile-friendly sites:
- Site speed – loading time of 5 seconds or less
- Big, mobile-friendly buttons
- Limited scrolling and pinching
- Quick access to dealership contact information
- “Click-to-Call” button
- Links to company’s social media profiles
- A search bar that is easy to find and use
- A site that fits the small screen
- Clean and efficient design
- An option to visit the non-mobile site
- The ability to save information for later
- One-direction scrolling, either horizontal or vertical, but not both
3. Being Mobile Friendly Will Only Bring Your Dealership Forward
Being mobile-friendly will benefit your dealership’s reputation. Having a website that is suitable for desktops and mobile devices will create the best online experience for your customers and will encourage them to visit again. If you currently do not have a website, or your site is not mobile-friendly, call (800) 709-3240 or contact our expert web site developers today.