What is eBay Classifieds?
eBay Classifieds by it’s own definition is a free, local classifieds website that provides a clean and easy-to-use marketplace for you to post free ads. You can post pets, motors, houses, jobs, automobiles, RVs, services, etc.
eBayClassifieds.com started life as Kijiji, but was rebranded in 2009 to take advantage of the “eBay” brand and familiarity. Today they are pushing local buying and local selling, with a pretty nice looking website design and features:
- All Local – when shopping, you’ll see ads from people in your area
- Easy Shopping – it’s easy to shop using their list or gallery views and you can sort by most recent, lowest price or highest price
- More Security – they have ad content filters in place to help keep out scammers, spam and inappropriate content
- Available Mobile – their website is responsive mobile and they have an APP you can download for quick access to it
- Alerts – you can get an email or text message when an item you are looking for is added to their website
How do I post an ad?
There’s 4 simple steps you’ll need to follow in order to create an ad on eBayClassifieds.com:
- Select a Category -> there’s 112 different categories for you to select from and they are sectioned out by: For Sale, Pets, Housing, Home & Garden, Cars & Vehicles, Electronics, Wanted, Community, Services and Jobs.
- Create Your Ad -> enter in the information for your ad, keep in mind the fields will change depending on the category you’ve selected. The required fields are marked with an asterisk (*). You can upload up to 8 photos with your ad that are a maximum of 4 MB each. If the item you are posting is something you are either giving away free or don’t want to post the price, make sure to mark it accordingly next to the price field. When you enter your zip, you may get a drop-down to the right that allows you to select the city, state to post your ad in.
- Preview & Submit -> you can review your ad on this page and if changes are needed, there is an “Edit” link to the right of the orange Post Your Ad button. If the ad looks good and the information is accurate, click the Post Your Ad button. Keep in mind, once your ad has been submitted, it may take a while for it to appear on the site. This delay gives them the time they need to put it through their content filters.
Additional Features to Check Out
I found a couple of additional features that I think are fairly cool for you to take a look at and they are in the “My Profile” section of your eBayClassifieds.com account:
- Link your social network pages to your eBayClasssifieds.com account. This includes Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This allows you to easily auto-share ads as you post them to eBayClassifieds.com on your social network sites.
- Claim your eBayClassifieds.com personal area / URL by choosing your “nickname”. For a business, make sure you use your business name. For example, if my company name is ABC RV, I would add ABCRV as my nickname and then I can direct people to my ads or setup a link to all of my listings on that marketplace by giving them this URL: ebayclassifieds.com/user/ABCRV.
If you are a dealer that would like an easy way to post ads to eBayClassifieds.com, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on this post.
Cindy Spencer 🙂
Cindy Spencer, an Account Manager at NetSource Media since 2000, works with clients across the US with RVUSA.com, TrailersUSA.com and RVCanada.com. Cindy and her in-house team of designers and programmers helps dealers with website design & hosting, inventory management & distribution, website maintenance & SEO and much more. Connect with Cindy on Google+.