If you have a dealership, you are probably aware that nearly all customers research large purchases online before they visit your lot. So, why not capture those visitors while they are researching? Build informative and engaging inventory list pages that educate the consumer while also advertising your products. Here are a few tips on how to do that:
- Use relevant text so that people searching for a specific product are more likely to find your website. For example, for RV dealers, including the type, year, make and model are important. Additional information like “bunk house” and “light weight” are other good examples. It’s probable that most of your customers are local, so don’t forget to use geographic terms as well.
- Include great photos. People are visual creatures. Provide clear images that showcase the product. Include interior and exterior shots.
- Embed videos. If a picture is worth a thousand words, just think of how videos can educate and influence buyers. Even if your dealership isn’t shooting your own videos (though we think you should!), you can take advantage of the videos posted by the manufacturers. Instead of linking out to YouTube, embed the videos on your page.
- Include ONLY relevant inventory. In order to allow the visitor to focus on a certain type or brand, list only that specific inventory on that page. This also means that all of the units are relevant to the text, which is great for SEO.
- Make it easy for people to contact you. Your phone number and contact page should be easy to find. If you’re able, it might be nice to add a contact form to the page itself.
The goal of the page should be to educate your visitor about the product(s), show them exactly what they are looking for, and draw in leads.
SiteSource, the website content management system (CMS) that we built specifically for dealers, makes it incredibly easy to build out pages like this quickly. If you already have SiteSource and need more details about how to do this, you can reference our SiteSource 3 Guide or contact your representative. If you’re interested in learning more about SiteSource, contact us for a free, personal demo.